Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath today flagged off the country’s first private train, Tejas Express from Lucknow. The train will run from Lucknow to Delhi 6 days a week. The commercial run of the train would start from Saturday.
- As per the schedule, the train will leave Lucknow at 6.10 a.m.
- The train will reach the New Delhi railway station at 12.25 p.m., covering the entire distance in 6 hours and 15 minutes.
- The journey time of the train is lesser than the Swarn Shatabdi — currently the fastest train on the route.
- Tejas Express would only have two halts — Kanpur and Ghaziabad.
- On its return journey, the train would leave Delhi at 3.35 p.m. and reach Lucknow at 10.05 p.m.
- For the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings to those passengers who need it.
- All the passengers travelling by Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to Rs 10 lakh by the IRCTC.
- The passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will also be allowed to use the executive lounge of the New Delhi railway station.
- The facility of using retiring rooms at the Lucknow junction station will also be provided.
- Meals will be served by on-board service staff in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express.
- Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train.
- Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers.
- IRCTC is also contemplating on the sale of merchandise goods on board to its passengers on these trains.
- The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will have an advance reservation period of 60 days.
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains.
- Tejas Express contains all the modern facilities with state-of-art interior, personalised reading lights, AC coaches, mobile charging points, CCTV cameras, bio-toilets, LED TV, automatic doors and many more.