Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) has been at the forefront of transforming the landscape of Indian Railways. IRSDC launched many first in ‘Facility Management’ arena at railway stations and going further, it will be an integral force in launching new and unique initiatives for passenger satisfaction and safety.
MD & CEO, IRSDC, Sh. S.K. Lohia inaugurated five new passenger amenities at Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (ANVT), on Wednesday. ATM corner, Nescafe Kiosk (2), Luggage sanitising and wrapping facility, Bottle Crushing Machines (12) and Sanitiser and Mask vending Machine were inaugurated in the presence of key officials from IRSDC and media. COVID19 regulations issued by the Government of India were strictly adhered during the inauguration ceremony.
- Bank of Maharashtra ATM has been made operational for passenger ease. This is the 1st ATM at the station since the station became operational and will provide a 24X7 cash withdrawal facility to the passengers. The size of the ATM is 6’X6′ and it is completely air conditioned.
- With an intent to provide good and hygienic food and beverages to the passengers, 2 ‘Nestle’ kiosks have been made operational. Nestle kiosks will serve popular items like Maggi, Pasta, Tea/Coffee and chocolates. One of the kiosks is located in the circulating area and the other is at Platform no. 2/3. The size of both the kiosks is 6’X5′. The kiosk in the circulating area is the ist air-conditioned F&B kiosk over Indian Railway.
- Luggage sanitizing and wrapping facility can now be availed by passengers for safe travel during the COVID19 pandemic. The facility at ANVT is one of its kind across the Northern Railway zone. This facilitates 360 degree sanitization of luggage with the help of UV rays. Wrapping of luggage facility is also available and both the services can be availed at a nominal rate (Sanitisation: Upto 25 kgs- Rs. 10/- and Above 25 Kgs- Rs. 20/-. Luggage Wrapping: Upto 25 kgs- Rs. 50/- and Above 25 Kgs- Rs. 70/-.). Luggage Wrapping charges include Sanitisation cost of the Luggage as well.
- 12 Bottle Crushing Machines were made operational and are strategically placed across the station. This is in line with the Government’s vision of reducing the use of ‘single use’ plastic. The cost of a machine is about Rs. 2 lakh and installation of 12 machines will save about Rs. 24 lakhs to Railways/IRSDC. In addition to the savings, 12 machines will generate annual earnings of Rs. 2,88,000/- to Railways/IRSDC.
- A Sanitizer and Mask Vending Machine has also been inaugurated to provide safety essentials to all passengers in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
As on date, 20 catering/food/milk stalls are operational at ANVT station. In addition to this, passenger amenities which includes many firsts in Indian Railways like Fit India Squat Machine, Health ATM, Battery operated car, Mobile Phone Charging kiosk, philanthropic book stall, asima Dost, Massage kiosk, Waiting Lounge, Digi cloak, Child Helpline kiosk are also available.
While inaugurating the five new passenger facilities at ANVT, MD & CEO IRSDC, Sh. S.K. Lohia said “At ANVT, IRSDC is offering passengers a wholesome commuting experience. We are taking care of all their travelling needs in totality including health and wellness. The new basket of passenger amenities will bring a paradigm shift in the passenger convenience arena. IRSDC is committed to redevelop this station into a world class station with 24 x 7 excellent passenger facilities.”
IRSDC envisages to develop self-sustainable railway stations in the country with high standards of safety, comfort, user friendly passenger amenities, value added services and efficiency by adopting the best technological practices, sound financial strategy and optimum utilization of resource.
Source: IRSDC-Press Note