Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited (IRSDC), for and on behalf of Zonal Railways, has invited Requests for Qualification (RFQs) for the redevelopment of 4 stations, namely, Nagpur, Gwalior, Amritsar, and Sabarmati.
- The projects will be done on a Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
- Gwalior railway station in Madhya Pradesh will be redeveloped at the cost of Rs 300 Crore.
- Nagpur railway station in Maharashtra will be redeveloped at the cost of Rs 465 Crore.
- Redevelopment work of Amristar railway station in Punjab and Sabarmati railway station in Gujarat is expected to cost Rs 375 Crore and Rs 156 crore respectively.
- The RFQs are based on User Charge and land monetization on leasehold basis upto 99 years.
- Government has approved Railways’ proposal for redevelopment of railway stations by IRSDC as Nodal Agency.
- Also, the redevelopment works at Habibganj railway station is likely to be completed by January 2020 and by March 2020 at Gandhinagar railway station.