Pune: Johnson Lifts and Escalators has bagged an order of Rs 52 crore for installing 119 lifts at 29 metro stations of the Pune Metro project. The company is aiming to complete the work by the end of 2021.
- Albert Dhiraviyam, Company’s Head of Country (Marketing) said, we are already looking for components and we can finish the installation within 6 months once the site is delivered.
- The company has crossed Rs 2,000 crore sales mark and is strengthening its presence further in the segment.
- As per the company, it has an order book of around Rs 673 crore to provide 828 escalators and 365 lifts across metro and railway stations in Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore.
- The company is investing to set up a new lift factory at Sengadu in Tamil Nadu to produce additional 6,000 units per annum and heavy duty escalator line at Oragadam for 600 escalators.
- The company believes that there has been a significant growth opportunities in the segment led by major urban infrastructure development programs.
- The Central Government schemes for major Urban Infra Structure Development programmes as Metro Rail Projects, UDAN Regional Airport development and regional connectivity scheme, and the modernisation of Airports, Railways Stations, Bus Terminals and Foot Over Bridges would create demand in the sector.