Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has upgraded the facilities available presently at Kamakhya Railway station by adding more and more amenities for passenger. The station is being developed jointly with the Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India.
Among the facilities added are:
- 10 retiring rooms having free wifi, AC, TV etc for passengers have been constructed.
- A 10 bedded dormitory for male passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A 10 bedded dormitory for female passenger having free wifi, AC, TV etc has been added.
- A waiting hall having capacity to accommodate 120 passenger having Digital display system, mobile charging points, AC, free Wifi, separate Male / Female washrooms, Drinking water, TV and feedback system has been constructed.
- Additional seating arrangement has been provided in platforms.
- A Cafeteria has been added.
- Wall paintings by local artiste have been done to promote local culture.
- Construction of a Cloak room and renovation of water booths, toilets is under progress.
Kamakhya Railway station is becoming a very important railway station of N.E. region day by day. More and more long distance trains now originate from the station. Accordingly, the footfall has also increased by many folds.
It is to be mentioned that Kamakhya station has been made the originating station for a number of trains like Northeast Express, Kamakhya Yesvantpur Express, Kamakhya- LTT Express, Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Express, Kamakhya – Indore Express and many other mail/express & passenger trains. Passenger boarding these trains will now be able to avail these best in class amenities.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway
NHSRCL Invites Bids for Tunnelling Works on Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project
Date: April 24, 2019
The National High Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL) has invited bids for Tunnelling Works on Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project.
The scope of work include testing and commissioning for double line high-speed railway using tunnel boring machine (TBM) and new Austrian tunneling method (NATM) between Mumbai underground station at Bandra-Kurla Complex (MAHSR 0.773 km) and Shilphata (MAHSR 21.150 km) in Maharashtra for the project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
- The work is expected to be completed in a period of 42 months.
- NHSRCL is implementing the project of high speed train corridor between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- The total length of proposed High Speed Rail Corridor works out to be 508.17km.
- The route of Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail will be passing through two states, Maharashtra and Gujarat and one Union Territory, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, of the Union of India.
- It shall start from Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai and will end near Sabarmati Railway Station in Ahmedabad.
- Out of 508.17km, 155.642 km of the proposed alignment falls in Maharashtra, 350.530 km in Gujarat and 2 km in UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- The High Speed Rail Corridor has been proposed with 12 Stations i.e. Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand/Nadia, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati.
To know more about recent developments of Bullet Train: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
26 Mar, 2019: Training tracks for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train ready
25 Mar, 2019: MAHSR Update: Bullet train project gets more land