The Kanpur Metro Rail Project having two corridors, will promote transit oriented development which will lead to development of more residential and commercial complexes along the corridors. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 28 Feb 2019, approved the Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
About the two corridors-
- The length of ITT to Naubasta corridor is 23.785 km, which is partly elevated and partly underground and comprises of 22 Stations (14-Elevated and 8-Underground).
- The length of Agriculture University to Barra-8 corridor is 8.60 km comprising of 4 Elevated & 4 Underground stations.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 11,076.48 Crore and project will be completed in 5 years.
- Around 40 Lakh population is expected to be benefitted by Kanpur Metro Rail Project directly and indirectly at the time of commencement of commercial operations.
- The proposed corridors will be having Multimodal Integration with Railway Stations and will have feeder network of Bus, Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) and Non Motorized Transport (NMT).
- The Project will have non-fare box revenue from rental & advertisement as well as Value Capture Financing (VCF) through mechanism of Transit Oriented Development (TOD) and Transfer of Development Rights (TDR).
- The residential areas along these Metro Rail corridors shall be immensely benefitted by this project, as the people of these areas will be able to travel on trains from their own neighborhoods to reach different areas of the city conveniently.
- Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Govt of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh will be reconstituted as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) for implementation of project.
- The financing of Kanpur Metro Rail Project will be partly from Govt. of lndia and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh on equal equity basis and partly as soft loan from Bilateral/Multilateral international funding agency/agencies.
- Uttar Pradesh government has already allocated Rs. 175 Cr. for this project during the financial year 2019-20.
Rail Analysis Insights: The proposed corridors will be having Multimodal Integration with Railway Stations and will have feeder network of Bus, Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) and Non Motorized Transport (NMT).
To know more about recent developments of Kanpur Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
01 Mar, 2019: Metro Projects in Agra and Kanpur approved by Centre