Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL), and German funding agency KfW on Thursday signed an agreement for accompanying measures for the Rs. 747-crore Water Metro project. A grant of 1.8 Million Euros will be provided as a part of the agreement.
- The grant will be used for identifying the needs of capacity building for operation and maintenance, training of trainers and modalities of O&M structure.
- KMRL MD Shri. Alkesh Kumar Sharma IAS, Shri. K. R. Jyothilal IAS. Principal Secretary, Transport, Government of Kerala and Angelica Angelika Zwicky, Project Manager –Urban Development and Mobility, KfW signed a tripartite agreement on Thursday in Kochi for accompanying measures for the Water Metro project.
- The MD said,”We are happy that the tripartite agreement of Accompanying measures is signed. This will give boost to the setting up of operational and management wing of Water Metro especially the training for employees. KMRL is committed to the timebound completion of the project.”
- The KMRL in its project proposal clarified that Water Metro intends to introduce modern, energy-efficient, fast environment-friendly boats.
- The project, includes 15 different routes and 38 stations, covering a total length of 78 km.
- KMRL has already awarded the tender for construction of boats to Cochin Shipyard Ltd.