KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Limited) have signed two MoUs to the tune of Rs 4000 crore with Kerala Infrastructure Fund Management Ltd on Friday at ASCEND KERALA 2020-GLOBAL INVESTORS MEETING in Kochi. MoU was signed by KMRL MD Shri. Alkesh Kumar Sharma IAS and Shri. V S Senthil IAS rtd, CEO of KIFML for Kakkanad Bliss city project and Water Metro Project.
- “KMRL is happy to announce the partnership with KIFML for the Kakkanad Bliss City project, a state of the art entertainment zone in Kochi. Bliss City is going to be the next big wellness and wholesome entertainment destination for the people of Kochi and tourists” said Alkesh Kumar Sharma, MD KMRL.
- The KMRL is all set to implement the integrated water transport project at a cost of Rs.747 crore.
- Kochi is the first city in the country to have achieved such a milestone whereby water transport has been integrated as a feeder service to the metro.
- The proposed project envisages the development of 16 identified routes connecting 38 jetties across 10 island communities across a 76-km route network.
- The project intends to bring in a fleet of 78 fast, fuel efficient, air-conditioned ferries plying to 38 jetties, 18 of which will be developed as main boat hubs, while the remaining 20 will be minor jetties for transit services.
- More than 100,000 islanders are expected to benefit from the Water Metro, complete with modern watercrafts.