The CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety) will inspect the Maharaja’s College-Thykoodam stretch of Kochi Metro from August 30. The 5.65-km corridor will have 5 stations — Ernakulam South, Kadavanthra, Elamkulam, Vyttila and Thykkoodam.
- During the 2-day inspection, the CMRS will inspect the various civil structures like pile foundation, pier, girders, bridges and steel bridges.
- The CMRS will look into the bearings and various design aspects, various elements of the track like gradients, horizontal curve, cross level, derailment guard, weld joints and turn-outs.
- Also, the lift and escalators at the stations, fire hydrant and fire fighting system, third rail, auxiliary and traction substations, emergency tripping switch (ETS) and emergency telephone will be inspected.
- Also, the CMRS will inspect the signalling system, passenger help point (PHP), PAS/PIDS at the platform, signalling equipment room, telecom equipment room, UPS room and AFC facilities.
- The passenger facilities like station access and signages will also be inspected during the inspection.
- Once satisfied, the CMRS will issue the authorisation certificate.
- The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) is planning to open the stretch by the first week of September.