Kochi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) is hopeful of completing the civil works till Thykoodam by June 2019. The track-laying works are on full swing. Likewise, the works of stations, including that of the wing bridges, are also progressing.
- Currently, the Metro rail conducts services on the 18-km stretch between Aluva and Maharaja’s College Stadium.
- There are a total of 16 stations at present.
- The total number of stations will be 21, by extending the service up to Thykoodam.
- The new stations are:
- Ernakulam South
- The total distance covered after this extensions will be 23.75 km.
- The remaining 1 kilometre stretch up to Petta will be completed in another year.
- The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd) will also launch the Phase-I (A) extension from Petta to Tripunithura Railway Terminal via SN Junction at a total length of 2 km this year.
- The KMRL will launch the tenders for Petta-SN Junction-Tripunithura stretch soon.
- Sources said that the date for launching the commercial operations up to Thykoodam will be decided after consulting the state government.
Rail Analysis insights: The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd) will also launch the Phase-I (A) extension from Petta to Tripunithura Railway Terminal via SN Junction at a total length of 2 km this year.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
02 Apr, 2019: Kochi Metro commissions 2,719 kW solar plant at Muttom