Kochi: The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) has begun preparatory work for Metro‘s Phase-2 extension from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium to Info Park, Kakkanad. A release, a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) has been done, and a survey for preparing sketches for land acquisition is under way.
- KMRL planning to acquire 2.8 hectares of land along the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium -Info Park stretch, Kakkanad, and of them 0.72 hectare is government land.
- Accordingly, land owned by 402 persons will be taken over.
- The draft declaration for land acquisition is expected to be published soon.
- The State government had accorded administrative sanction for widening Seaport-Airport Road from Collectorate Junction at Kakkanad to Infopark Expressway Entrance.
- Up to 2.5 km of the stretch will be made 4-lane.
- Tender process to award contract is in the final stage.
- The release added, since the Phase-2 alignment of the metro passes through Seaport-Airport Road from Kakkanad Collectorate Junction to Infopark Expressway Entrance, widening of the stretch is critical.
- Already, the State government has granted administrative sanction for the revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) for Phase-2 alignment.
- The revised estimated cost of the project is Rs. 1,957 crore.
- KMRL is awaiting sanction from the Centre for the project.
Kochi Metro Update: Land acquisition for Tripunithura extension to be completed by May 31
Date : May 11, 2019
Kochi: Land acquisition for the Kochi Metro’s Tripunithura extension will be completed by May 31. The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) will acquire 2.75 acres of land for preparatory works and 2 acres of land for the construction of the two stations involving a total of 193 land parcels.
- KMRL managing director A.P.M. Mohammed Hanish said, the district administration along with KMRL officials are working in tandem to complete the land acquisition process so that the preparatory works can be completed on time.
- Tender process for selecting the civil contractor is in the final stage.
- The KMRL will be directly executing the Tripunithura extension and the upcoming Phase-2 (JLN Stadium-Kakkanad).
- The Tripunithura extension project includes construction of a viaduct from Petta to SN Junction including two stations at Vadakkekotta and S N Junction and a two-lane bridge across the Panamkutty river.
- The contractor is expected to be on board by June 2019.
- KMRL has already appointed L&T Infrastructure Engineering Ltd. as the detailed design consultant.
- The contract was awarded for Rs 3.06 crore on in June 2018 and is in the final stage.
- EQMS India has been appointed to carry out the environmental mitigation/monitoring plan in April this year.
- Already, the state government has accorded administrative sanction of Rs 123 crore for the preparatory works of Tripunithura extension project.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :