Kochi: The Dutch agency Antea Nederland BV (Netherlands) and Unihorn consortium on Tuesday signed an agreement with Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) for the proposed canal rejuvenation project. The agreement was signed in a kick-off meeting held at the KMRL office as a part of the proposed canal rejuvenation project.
- The Kochi Metro Rail tweeted,”Officials from the Dutch agency Antea Nederland BV (Netherlands) and Unihorn consortium signed an agreement with KMRL in a kick-off meeting held at KMRL office as a part of the proposed canal rejuvenation project.”
- The KMRL urged the consortium to complete the Rs 1,364-crore canal rejuvenation project in a time-bound manner and prepare an action plan immediately.
- During the meeting, Mr. Alkesh Kumar, Managing Director, KMRL asked the consortium to revise the existing Detailed Project Report (DPR) before March next year and begin the work by September.
- According to the agreement, the consortium will prepare the concept, detailed design and provide supervisory services for the project under which 5 major canals in Kochi will be made navigable through restructuring.
- The kick-off meeting was held for the Integrated Urban Regeneration and Water Transport System Project.
- The meeting resolved to conduct weekly review meetings.
- The consortium told KMRL that they had set up a full-fledged team for the work.
- Already, the consortium has began a preliminary study and will conduct site inspections and meetings with stakeholders in the coming days.