Kolkata: Trial run has started for the East-West Metro rail project, in a bid to ensure glitch-free operations. Indrani Banerjee, CPRO, Kolkata Metro Railway said,”The trial run started on November 8 and will continue till November 17.”
- While the first round of trials for Phase-I of the East-West Metro was held from Oct 15 to Oct 17, the second round commenced from Oct 30 and concluded on Oct 31.
- During the trial run, Metro Railway officials are checking the signaling system, alignment of trains at the platform, synchronization of platform screen and other technicalities.
- The East-West Metro project is being implemented by Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Limited (KMRCL).
- However, operations of the service will be handled by Kolkata Metro Railway.
- The first phase of the East-West Metro project covers 5 km stretch between Salt Lake Sector V and Salt Lake Stadium.
- The first phase will have 6 metro stations at — Salt Lake Sector V, Karunamoyee, Central Park, City Centre, Bengal Chemical and Salt Lake Stadium.
- A report will be prepared by Kolkata Metro Railway, after completion of the trial run.
- If the review report reveals that all the trains are running properly without any glitches, then the final date of the inauguration of the first phase will be decided.