Kolkata: The first phase of the East-West Metro from Salt Lake Sector V to Salt Lake Stadium is expected to be inaugurated soon. While the 3-day trial started on Tuesday, the independent trial run was conducted on the corridor in the last week of August.
- Indrani Banerjee, CPRO, Kolkata Metro Railway said, “The final date of inauguration has not been decided yet. Let the trials be over and then we will finalise the East-West Metro first phase inauguration date.”
- 5 rakes are being prepared for the commercial run, sources said.
- The stations on the first phase of the East-West Metro corridor include-
- Salt Lake Sector V
- Central Park
- City Centre
- Bengal Chemical
- Salt Lake Stadium
- The Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Limited (KMRCL) is implementing the East-West Metro project from Salt Lake Sector V to Howrah Maidan, covering a distance of 16.5 kilometres.
- The KMRCL is expected to submit the report in connection with the operations of the trains to the Kolkata Metro Railway, as per the sources.
- Once the report is submitted, the Kolkata Metro Railway will send it to the Railway Board.
- The final date of the inauguration will be decided by the Railway Board.