Share with your network
Recently , The First Underground trial was conducted on the East-West Metro from Phoolbagan to Sealdah on 31st May .
About the Trials :
- The six-coach train arrived at the station from the Salt Lake depot at 12.30pm.
- After picking up some officials, the train proceeded through the tunnel and stopped 500m short of Sealdah station.
- The train switched tracks at a crossover point and returned to Phoolbagan.
- It then went beyond the underground tunnel to the elevated stretch that leads to the Stadium station. From there, the train again entered the underground portion and reached Phoolbagan, where the officials got off around 1.20pm. The total distance travelled on Friday was around 3km.
- The trial was aimed at checking for design defects in the tunnel and the alignment between the train doors and the platform.
- The test passed on both counts .
- Engineers and officials on board the rake celebrated the completion of the trial run .
- East-West Metro will run between Sector V and Stadium stations, a distance of 5.5km with six stations on the stretch, in the first phase that is expected to be operational by July.