The construction arm of L&T has secured orders from prestigious clients across various Indian states for its varied businesses. The Transportation Infrastructure business has secured an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) order from the Central Organisation for Railway Electrification (CORE) involving electrification of 1137 Track Km.
- The project is a part of the ‘Mission Electrification’ initiative of the Central Government which is aimed at electrifying the entire Indian Railway Network to reduce the carbon footprint as well as reduce the expenditure on diesel.
- The scope includes 25 kV overhead electrification, signaling & telecommunication, traction substations and associated civil works in 985 Route Km of railway lines in the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- L&T Construction is already executing the first EPC contract from CORE for electrification of Delhi-Jaipur section.
- Another order has been secured from the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (MMRCL) involving design, procurement and supply, installation, testing and commissioning of ballastless track on the mainline and ballasted track in the depot in the section between BKC station to Aarey Station (Package 10C – 40 track KM) for Mumbai Metro Line 3 project.
- This order has been secured against stiff competition from other major multi-national companies.
- With this order, L&T shall be executing the entire track works in Mumbai Metro Line 3 Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ corridor.
- The business has secured an add-on order for various packages of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor.