Maharashtra Chief Minister Shri Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday flagged off the trial run of the Metro Line-1 from Belapur to Pendhar in Navi Mumbai. Line-1 will have a total of 11 stations on the 11.10 km corridor and being constructed at the cost of Rs 3,063 crore.
- Navi Mumbai Metro will make commute easy for inhabitants residing at Kharghar, Taloja and Pendhar.
- At present, the travel time to reach Taloja from Belapur is 45 minutes.
- CIDCO said in a statement,”Once the metro becomes operational, this will reduce to 18 minutes, which will be a great relief for Navi Mumbaikars using the route.”
- 6 coaches exported from China for the Metro Rail proposed to run on Line-1 have arrived at the Taloja Car Shed.
- Commencement of commercial operations of Line-1 is scheduled by June 2020.
There are a total of 4 lines proposed under the Navi Mumbai Metro Project:
- Line 1 of 11 kms from Belapur to Pendhar
- Line 2 of 7.12 kms from Khandeshwar to Taloja MIDC
- Line 3 of 3.87 kms from Pendhar to Taloja MIDC