Mumbai: The Chief Minister of Maharashtra State Mr Uddhav Thackeray, on Feb 29, 2020, witnessed the on-going work of Colaba-BandraSEEPZ Metro-3 corridor at Sahar Road Station, package 6. The CM interacted with the MMRC officials and expressed satisfaction about the project.
- Mr. Aaditya Thackeray, Cabinet minister of Tourism and Environment minister- Government of Maharashtra, Mr. Anil Parab, Minister of Transport and Parliamentary Affairs, Mr. R.A. Rajeev, MMRDA Metropolitan Commissioner, Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, Managing Director, MMRC, Mr. S.K. Gupta, Director (Projects), MMRC, Mr. A.A. Bhatt, Director (Systems) MMRC and Mr. R. Ramana, ED (Planning) MMRC, were present on the occasion.
- Sahar Road Station has completed 48% tunneling till now.
- The overall package 6 work has been completed 59%.
- The length of the Sahar Road station is 218 meters and the width is 30 meters.
- An underground Scissor cross over tunnel section will be constructed between Sahar Road Station to CSMIA International Airport Station Scissor Cross over to facilitate Metro Line Track Interchange.
- The length of Scissor Cross over is 266 meters and width is 16 meters, which will be constructed through New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM).