Srinagar: Metro Man E Sreedharan, the Principal Adviser to the J&K Government for the Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) project in the state, on Friday visited the proposed MRTS corridors for Srinagar city.
- Sreedharan along with Dheeraj Gupta, Principal Secretary, housing and urban development department, and Raghav Langer, Chief Executive Officer, J&K Economic Reconstruction Agency, conducted an on-the-spot inspection of various locations in the city, according to an official statement.
- The team had inspected various locations in Srinagar including- Shalteng Batmaloo, Jehangir Chowk, Amirakadal, Sonwar, Nowhatta, Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences and Ellahi Bagh.
- Sreedharan was informed about the North-South and East-West corridors proposed by the RITES Limited, a PSU under Ministry of Railways, in its draft DPR (Detailed Project Report).
- The halting points would be decided keeping in view the high-density traffic areas, key business and administrative areas, where the daily influx of the commuters is huge, he was also informed.
- The RITES representatives gave on-the-spot presentation of the draft DPR prepared by it for the Srinagar MRTS project.
- The statement said, Sreedharan suggested some modifications during the site visit as per the ground conditions.
To know more about recent developments of MRTS: ClickHere
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
All Image Credit: CEO@jkera
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :