The Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) on Thursday surveyed metro rail routes in the Gorakhpur city and took note of the difficulties being faced in metro construction, officials said. Its commissioner and the Gorakhpur Development Authority (GDA) vice chairman also held a meeting on the issues.
- LMRC Director Mr. Kumar Keshav and Chief Engineer Ravi Jain visited the metro route with PWD engineers.
- The Housing and Urban Planning Department chief secretary will inspect the metro route in Gorakhpur on Friday.
- The officials inspected the routes from Mohaddipur to the railway station, Gorakhnath temple gate to Bargadwa and Shyam Nagar, Gulriha to Transport Nagar via Asurn.
- “It is proposed that the metro will run in Gorakhpur on pillars with 2 metres width and the proposed distance between the pillars is 27 metres. It will be difficult to construct pillars on a four-lane road.”
- Mr. Keshav said,”Engineers will try to find an alternative so that metro pillars can be made without any hindrance along with the four-lane roads construction.”
- A 4-lane road is under construction on the metro route between Shyam Nagar and Divyanagar and construction has been completed between Mohaddipur and Gurung Tiraha.
- Construction for the road is underway between Gurung Tiraha and Suba Bazar.
- The construction of the proposed Rs 4,100 crore metro project will begin in the city after the Centre’s approval.
- There will be two corridors and 27 stations on metro route.