Mumbai: MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) has completed 100% tunneling for the package-7 of the Mumbai Metro-3 corridor as the alignment achieves its 24th TBM breakthrough at SEEPZ station. TBM Wainganga-2 completed the final drive of 1.67 Kms using 1196 rings.
- With this tunneling between Marol Naka, MIDC & SEEPZ stands completed.
- Package-7 includes Marol Naka, SEEPZ & MIDC stations with a total tunneling length of 7.07 Kms.
- It took 3 TBMs to do 6 drives & 8 breakthroughs & manpower of 2600 people & 175 dedicated TBM team members to achieve this feat.
- With this MMRC has completed 72% of total tunneling for the Mumbai Metro-3 project.
- Mumbai Metro 3 project is a 33.5 km long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ.
- The length of the corridor is marked with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and one at grade.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of the Mumbai Metro Line–3(MML-3) project.