The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has completed 40 kms (74 percent) of tunnelling work for the Mumbai metro Line-3 project. Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC tweeted,”@MumbaiMetro3 tunneling hits 40 kms mark. 74% job done.15 more kms to go. Keep tunneling team #MMRC, #MAPLE GC, all #CJVs and their competent tunneling teams.”
- Recently, MMRC said that the 100% tunnelling work of the Colaba-Bandra-Seepz Metro Line-3 project will be completed by September 2020.
- Apart from this, the Corporation hopes to complete 70% of civil work and get the first rolling stock by December 2020, it said in a statement.
- MMRC is implementing the Metro Line-3 corridor.
- It said, “As part of in-situ development, the tender for rehab buildings Kalbadevi-3 and Girgaon 3 will be awarded in January and May, respectively.”
- “Also bids for O&M work is expected in February. Besides this, track laying work for the main line will also commence.”
- The nearly Rs 30,000-crore project will connect Cuffe Parade business district in the extreme south of the city to SEEPZ in the north-central with 26 underground and one at-grade station.
- Mumbai Metro Line-3 project is a 33.5 KMs long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.