A MOU has been signed on 19.12.19 at Delhi Development Authority (DDA) Head office in New Delhi among DDA, RLDA and IRSDC for development/redevelopment of Anand Vihar Railway Station and Bijwasan Railway Station on revenue sharing basis.
- The MoU was signed by DDA Vice-Chairman Tarun Kapoor and RLDA Vice-Chairman Ved Parkash Dudeja accompanied by MD and CEO, IRSDC.
- RLDA (Rail Land Development Authority) and Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) will transform these two stations on PPP mode.
- RLDA and IRSDC will turn these two stations into world class railway stations having airport like facilities for passengers.
- EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) contracts have already been awarded for the same.
- The two stations are built over part of land allotted by DDA to Indian railways.
- DDA & Railways have agreed for commercial development over this land on the basis of revenue sharing between the two bodies.