The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has completed 100% excavation work on 13 out of 26 underground stations on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor and excavation for remaining 13 stations will be completed by May this year.
- The Excavation work has been completed for the 13 stations are: Cuffe Parade, Vidhan Bhavan, Churchgate, Hutatma Chowk, CSMT, Science Museum, Siddhi Vinayak, MIDC, Marol Naka, Sahar Road, CSMIA Domestic, CSMIA International airport and SEEPZ.
- Mr. S.K.Gupta, Project Director, MMRCL said, “Now further activities like construction of the station boxes, which is already underway, will take shap.”
- Mr. Gupta said that the excavation for the remaining 13 stations – taking place on a war footing – will be completed in the next 3 to 4 months.
- Overall 87% of the excavation has been completed, he said.
The details of excavation work on the remaining 13 stations are:
- Kalbadevi station – 26%
- Girgaon station – 14%
- Grant Road station – 56%
- Mumbai Central station – 73%
- Mahalaxmi station – 75%
- Aacharya Atre Chowk station – 39%
- Worli station – 82%
- Dadar station 88%
- Shitladevi Station – 71%
- Dharavi station – 81%
- BKC station 83%
- Vidyanagari station – 87%
- Santacruz station – 93%