Mumbai: The MMRC on Saturday achieves its 22nd Tunnel Breakthrough at Underground Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSMIA) metro station of Mumbai Metro line-3 project. TBM Godavari-2 tunneled a distance of 2867 metres downline from Vidyanagari using 2048 rings to reach its destination, according to a MMRC tweet.
- MMRC tweeted,”MMRC achieves its 22nd Tunnel Breakthrough at #Mumbai Underground CSMIA T1. TBM Godavari 2 tunneled a distance of 2867 mtr downline from #Vidyanagari using 2048 rings to reach its destination. This is 4th TBM Breakthrough for Pkg-6.
- MML-3 project – a 33.5Km. long corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, envisages to decongest the traffic situation in Greater Mumbai.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line–3(MML-3) project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India(GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra(GOM) on 50:50 sharing basis.
- The MML-3 project will have 27 stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
- To ensure no trespassing on tracks, the stations would be provided with Platform Screen Doors.
- The stations would also be facilitated with automatic fare collection machines for contactless revenue collection.