Date of Post: 21 Feb, 2019
Mumbai: The MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) on Wednesday achieved the 6th TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) breakthrough at Sahar Road Metro station of Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro Line-3. TBM Tapi-1 completed tunneling of 0.692 Kms after being commissioned on 13th Sept 2018 from CSMIA T2.
- Tapi-1 tunneled through the rocky strata made of Basalt, Breccia and Tuff drilling relentlessly to attain the breakthrough.
- The 89-meter long Tapi-1 bored, on an average, 4.31 meters daily, shaping the tunnel with 495 RCC cement rings.
- This breakthrough is crucial since the proposed Sahar Road Station will be built under Mumbai’s crucial Tansa water pipeline.
- Currently, Sahar Road is not well-connected with any other transportation system.
- Therefore, the Metro-3 will give an easy access to commuters for reaching this area which has existing developed business centres.
- On Feb 13, the MMRC achieved its 5th TBM Breakthrough at CSMIA T2 Metro Station.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )