The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) and PWD recently signed an MOU for commencement for Subway work that will connect Mantralaya-New Admin building-Vidhan Bhavan to Vidhan Bhavan metro station of Mumbai Metro line-3 corridor.
- The subway will allow employees to move easily between the 3 buildings.
- It is also expected to reduce traffic congestion in the area on weekdays.
- The 380-metre subway is estimated to cost about Rs 99.8 crore.
- It is expected to be completed within 9 months.
- The state government allotted the work to be undertaken by MMRC, as the agency has already started underground work for Metro-3.
- This has enabled the government to begin work without tender processing as MMRCL is its own agency.
- The government signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation for the project on October 23.
- Also, the government has planned an underground parking lot for nearly 700 vehicles in the Mantralaya premises.
- The parking lot is expected to cost Rs 80 crore.
- The parking lot will be constructed by MMRC.