Mumbai Metro One on Wednesday announced a tie-up with payment gateway ‘Instamojo’ to enable card payments aimed at boosting cashless travel.
- Accordingly, the 4.50 lakh commuters of the Metro can now pay for their tickets by debit/credit cards for all kinds of ticketing products like single journey token or return journey token.
- An official spokesperson for Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd. (MMOPL) said, ‘Instamojo’ is the technology partner facilitating this cashless initiative where there is no need for point-of-sale (POS) terminal, or installing any payment apps on the commuter’s smartphone, making it an Electronic Point of Sale.
- Commuters can scan the static QR code or type the URL at any Metro ticket counters, enter the debit/credit card details, make the payment for tickets or recharge smart cards and travel.
- The biggest advantage is that the control of payment lies with the commuter as there is no need to hand-over the card to anybody for swiping and the payments can be made by the commuter before or after coming to a ticket counter, and show the confirmation SMS to get the ticket.
- The spokesperson said, since launch in June 2014, Mumbai Metro One has implemented various technological innovations for ticketing ease and seamless travel experience for the commuters on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor.
Mumbai Metro One launches 2-in-1 travel smart card
Date : March 19, 2019
The Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.’s Mumbai Metro One in collaboration with TMW Fintech Pvt. Ltd.and the Federal Bank, on Monday, launched a 2-in-1 travel card, an official said. The smart card, to be powered by MasterCard, will enable commuters to enjoy a hassle-free travel by Mumbai Metro besides availing of hybrid banking services.
- The TMW Metro Card can be used as a Metro Smart Card to travel and reload as and when required, and also at any MasterCard location as a prepaid bank card after activation.
- The commuters can access all the services they enjoy from a bank with the convenience of a prepaid wallet and its multiples features would help them plan and manage their routine finances smartly.
- The Mumbai Metro One has a daily week-day ridership of about 450,000 and passengers use a closed loop card either as a Store Value Pass or Monthly Trip Pass.
- The official said that the TMW Metro Cards are available at all Mumbai Metro customer care counters with one-time payment of Rs 50 of which Rs 30 will be credited in the customers’ accounts after activation.
- The state’s first Mumbai Metro one operates on the 11.40 km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor with 12 stations, slashing the travel time from 90 minutes to 21 minutes.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :