BEML Limited is expected to begin delivery of Metro cars for Mumbai Metro line 2A & 7 by November this year. BEML has recently invited tenders from reputed Transporters having experience in movement of completely built metro cars through hydraulic trailers by Road for transportation of 504 Nos of Completely built Metro Cars from BEML Ltd, Bangalore complex to Designated Depot at Mumbai.
- Bid Invitation No: 6300034024
- Opening of Pre-Qualification Bid: 22.09.2020
- Opening of Technical Bid: 22.09.2020
- Tender Value: INR 35,18,00,000
- EMD: INR 23.50 Lakhs
Scope of work:
- The Scope of Work of Loading, Transportation & unloading of 378 Nos of Completely built Metro Cars with quantity variation of additional 126 cars totaling to 504 Nos of Completely built Metro Cars from BEML Ltd, Bangalore complex to Designated Depot of at Mumbai. Charkop depot and Mandala depot are the likely depots. The delivery priority of the trains for different sections will be provided. Contractor shall have to make suitable changes in the delivery plan at the nominated depot at no extra cost to BEML.
- The bidder are advised to use mobile crane of appropriate capacity to un-load the metro cars at Mumbai Metro depot on “as is where is” condition. A detailed Un-loading plan at the depot has to be submitted by the bidders along with the route survey.
- Delivery Schedule to commence (Despatch of Cars) from Nov-2020 at 6 to 9 Cars per Month tentatively.
- BEML Scope: Lifting Beam & Spreader with wire rope, Stoppers.
- Vendor Scope: Mobile Crane, Trailer, Puller, skid pallets, Tarpaulin (scratch & water proof) & others required for Loading, Transportation & unloading.
In November 2018, BEML, a public sector undertaking of the Government, bagged the contract for Rs.3,015 crore for manufacturing of 378 Metro cars (63 Metro trains of 6 cars each) for Mumbai Metro Corridor 2A, 2B & 7. BEML was the lowest among seven bidders which included 6 internationally renowned bidders.
Seven International manufacturers of rolling stock viz. Alstom, Bombardier, CAF, CRRC, Titagarh, BEML, Hyundai Rotem, participated in the bid.
Last year in August, the BEML had bagged another order for Metro Coaches for metro line 2 & 7 for additional 21 trainsets (126 Nos metro cars) valued at Rs 834 crore approx.
Tentative Delivery Schedule:
- 378 Cars of Completely Build Metro Cars: subject to change
- 1st Train Set (6 Cars) – Nov 2020
- 2nd Train Set (6 Cars) – January 2021
- 3rd Train Set (6 Cars) – May 2021
- 12 Train Sets (72 Cars) – 2 TS/month in alternate months from July 2021 to May 2022
- 36 Train Sets (216 Cars) – 3 TS/month continuously from June 2022 to May 2023
- 12 Train Sets (72 Cars) – 4 TS/month continuously from June 2023 to Aug 2023
- 126 Cars of Completely Build Metro Cars:
- 21 Train Sets (126 Cars) – 3 TS/month continuously from Nov 2023 to May 2024
The above referred schedule is only tentative; the confirmed delivery schedule will be informed later.
All Corrigenda, Addenda, Amendments, Clarifications etc if any to the tender will be hosted on BEML website www.bemlindia.in only.
Source: BEML-Tender | Imagr Credit (representational): BEML