Nagpur: A 2-member team of Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) conducted inspection of MahaMetro Nagpur’s Orange & Aqua Line project. The inspection went on for the whole day and the team conducted inspection at Stations and other major project locations.
- The team was led by Janak Kumar Garg, Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), Maha Metro officials led by Managing Director Dr Brijesh Dixit briefed the team about the project.
- The two-member team was given a detail presentation on the overall progress achieved by the Nagpur Metro Project.
- The team expressed its satisfaction at the overall progress, achieved by the Nagpur Metro Project.
- CMRS completed his 2-day tour of Nagpur Metro with trolley inspection of Aqua Route stretch from Institute of Science station to Sitabuldi Inter-change.
- On the first day, the CMRS and his team members inspected the Orange Line from Khapri to Sitabuldi.
- Before its opening, CMRS has to inspect the station and to satisfy himself that all things are in place from point of view of convenience and most importantly safety of travellers.
- On the tracks they carried out series of test as CMRS clearance is mandatory before running Metro services at full speed of 80 kmph.
- Incidentally, Railway Board on basis of report from RDSO has already given its green signal as the oscillation trails were held successfully on Orange Line.