Nagpur: Metro Train Service on the 11km route From Lokmanya Nagar to Sitabuldi to Start Soon. The Metro Track Laying Between Lokmanya Nagar Station & Sitabuldi Interchange Over in record time of 14 Months.
- Work on erecting OHE Cable is also going on in fast pace and is expected to be completed very soon.
- After Khapri-Sitabuldi, a ride between Lokmanya Nagar and Subhash Nagar Metro Stations in a near future is a certainty.
- Similar to that of Reach-I, Maha Metro has used 1080 Grade Head Hardened Rails on this route too.
- The 1080 Grade rails are so manufactured to ensure that the surface on which train moves has additional strength.
- This not just ensures longer life for the track but also minimises its maintenance.
- Recently, A high power German delegation visited Nagpur Metro project to take stock of the progress.
- The Delegation was led by German Ambassador to India Mr. Walter J. Lindner.
- During the Visit, the delegation visited khapri, new airport and Sitabuldi Metro stations.
- The other members of the delegation were Ms. Miriam Strabells- Adviser Political Dept. (German Embassy) and Swati Khanna- Special representative of KFW.
- The delegation was full of appreciation for the way the project was executed.
- “The solar and the green initiatives, 5 & 6 D BIM concepts of the projects are exceptional,” said the German ambassador.
Image Credit: Nagpur Metro