The work on the 11 km long Lokmanya Nagar to Seetabaldi route of Nagpur Metro has been completed and soon it will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Cabinet Minister in Maharashtra government Eknath Shinde said.
- He said in a statement, “Nagpur Metro’s Lokmanya Nagar to Seetabaldi, an 11 km stretch work is completed and it will be soon inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.”
- To take a view of all Metro related works across Maharashtra a review meeting was conducted by minister Ekanath Shinde in Mantralaya on Tuesday.
- It was informed in the meeting that a complete 32.50 km stretch of Pune Metro will be functional by 2022, the statement said.
- Minister Shinde has asked officials to complete the work before time.
- 5 km long Saint Tukaram Nagar to Fugewadi metro route to start functioning from April in Pune, he said.
- The Minister has directed to complete the work by end of March to open it for passengers by the end of April.
- Likewise, he has also directed to complete the work of other phases between Vanaz to Ramwadi a 5 km stretch by end of June and make it functional for people by July.
- The statement added, also, the revised Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Thane metro project will be finalised and approved by the state government by February.