The first tender for civil construction of Delhi-Gurugram-SNB (Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behror Urban Complex) RRTS corridor has been floated. National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has invited bids for the construction of elevated viaduct from end of the ramp at IDPL Complex to start of ramp at Rajiv Chowk and for 3 elevated stations – Udyog Vihar, Sector 17 and Rajiv Chowk.
The tender has excluded architectural finishing and pre-engineered steel roof structure of stations.
About Delhi-Gurugram-SNB RRTS corridor
- Once constructed, the corridor is expected to bring down the travel time between Delhi-SNB to just few minutes over an hour.
- The 106 kms corridor will be elevated for around 71 km consisting of 11 stations, while the remaining 35 km, having 5 stations, will be underground mostly in Delhi and Gurgaon, according to the NCRTC’s official.
- The Delhi-Gurgaon-SNB is a part of Delhi-Gurgaon-Alwar of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor, which is planned to be implemented in 3 stages.
- In the 1st stage, Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-SNB Urban Complex will be constructed.
- In the 2nd stage, it will be extended from SNB Urban Complex to Sotanala.
- In the 3rd stage SNB Urban Complex to Alwar will be constructed.
- Officials said,”The Delhi-Alwar will converge with other RRTS corridors in Sarai Kale Khan and will be interoperable, facilitating commuters’ movement from one corridor to another without the hassle of changing trains.”