New Delhi: The second ‘Vande Bharat Express‘ also known as ‘Train-18‘ will come out from Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai by the end of this month and there is a possibility that the train will run between Delhi and Mumbai soon.
- While keeping in mind the stone-pelting and other accidents, some changes have been in the design of the train.
- Moreover, adequate space for catering has also been provided.
- In view of the excess demand, the second Vande Bharat train will run between Delhi and Mumbai, a senior railway official said.
- If compared with Rajdhani Express, the time taken by Vande Bharat train to reach its destination will be 4 hours less.
- Rajdhani Express covers the 1,358 km distance in almost 16 hours, while Vande Bharat will reach its destination in 12 hours.
- Rajdhani halts at 5 stations while travelling to Delhi or vice versa.
- However, Vande Bharat might have few halts.
- The speed of the train is expected to run at 130 kmph.
- The Vande Bharat Express is the first made-in-India self-propelled train.
- The first rake of the train was manufactured in just 18 months by Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai.
IRCON wins Railway work worth USD 91.27 Million in Sri Lanka
Date : May 3, 2019
IRCON International Ltd. (IRCON) has been awarded an International Railway Contract worth Approx USD 91.27 Million (equivalent to INR 635 crore) from Sri Lanka Railways under the Ministry of Transport & Civil Aviation, Govt. of Sri Lanka. The contract is for upgradation of the Northern Railway line from Maho-Omanthai in Sri Lanka. Under the contract, IRCON will upgrade single line broad gauge track from Maho-Omantha of around 128 km length including associated infrastructure works.
This is an item rate contract which is financed through Exim Bank of India as per Indian lines of credit. The project is to rebuild the rail track to make it capable of carrying trains at speeds of 120 kmph and with heavier loads and to ensure efficient, safe, and comfortable transport service for passengers and freight. Previously, IRCON has successfully executed five high-value Railway Projects in Northern Sri Lanka with a cumulative contract value of over USD 645 Million.
About IRCON: Ircon International Limited (formerly known as Indian Railway Construction Company Limited), a Mini Ratna and Schedule ‘A’ PSU, was incorporated on 28th April 1976, mainly for the purpose of construction and development of Railway Infrastructure in India and abroad with the expertise from Indian Railways. During its operation of 43 years the company has diversified and developed core competence in other areas like Highways, Tunnels, Bridges, Flyovers, ROBs, Airport Hangar & Runways, Metro rail and Buildings, EHV Transmission Line & Grid Sub-stations, Industrial Electrification, Signaling and Telecom Systems etc. Considering its major share of business from projects abroad, its name was changed to “Ircon International Limited” w.e.f. 17th October 1995.
IRCON has emerged as front ranking construction company of international repute having executed prestigious projects during the last four decades of its operations. It has so far completed more than 380 infrastructure projects in India and 127 projects across the globe in more than 24 countries. As per 2018 edition of Engineering News Record (ENR) of USA, IRCON is the only Indian PSU and one of the only six Indian companies to make it to the list of top 250 International Contractors.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :