Engineering Department of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has been able to raise the speed of 14 sections covering a length of 736 km during the financial year 2018-19. This raising of speed has led to saving of 133.47 minutes.
- In a release, Pranav Jyoti Sharma CPRO NFR informed that some important sections where the speed has been raised as follows:
- Katihar–Kumdepur: 30 km from 100 kmph to 110 kmph
- Katihar–Radhikapur: 53.60 km from 100 kmph to 110 kmph
- Aluabari–Siliguri: 76 km from 90 kmph to 100 kmph
- Fakiragram: 46.99 km from 50 Kmph to 75 kmph
- North Lakhimpur–Sripani: 81.46 km from 80 kmph to 100 kmph
- Sripani–Murkongselek: 72.32 km from 75 kmph to 100 kmph
- Trains are allowed to run over designated sections of rail track with certain permissible speed, the release added.
- When the permissible speed of a particular track section is raised by suitable inputs to strengthen the track structure, the trains are allowed to run at a higher speed.
- This results in decreasing the travel time of the trains and the net saving of time required to travel over these sections.
- It added that the Engineering Department has provided systematic inputs to the track which has made the achievement possible.
- NFR has been able to carry out a track renewal of 104 CTR units, which is higher than the target stipulated by Railway Board.
- Almost 7.32 km of track has been deep screened by using mechanized screening arrangements, while through fitting renewal has been done over a length of 402 km.
- Around 4334 numbers of bridge sleepers have been replaced by new sleepers in important bridges all over the zone.
- For greater safety of track, the zone has also resorted to flash butt welding of rail joints making a cumulative progress of almost 35,000 joints during the fiscal.
- Flash butt welding is a superior technology of welding which gives jerk free and safe welding of rails.
- In as many as 19 stations, the permissible speeds in the platform lines have been raised from 15 kmph to 30 kmph leading to the saving of 57 minutes, it further mentioned.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :