Date of Post: 23 Feb, 2019
Like Air India has a mascot in Maharaja, India’s first bullet train is all set to get a name and its own identity with NHSRCL (National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd) announcing a nationwide competition to christen the train which will run from Mumbai to Ahmedabad by 2022.
- A statement said, the NHSRCL which is spearheading the project has asked for entries for the name and designing of mascot for the train by March 25.
- The mascot essentially should be a well designed character which will personify the value system of NHSRCL and will be able to communicate effectively.
- It said,”Naming the bullet train will provide it an identity which will help people to establish a connect with the bullet train.”
- It will be an open online competition on mygov.in.
- Interested participants can find more details by logging into the website.
- Through a nominated committee, the name of the train and the mascot will be shortlisted and the winners will be awarded a cash prize along with a certificate confirming their participation in the contest.
- Also there will be 5 consolation prizes in each category.
- In 2017, the logo of the organisation was adopted through a similar competition, symbolies speed and is represented by a “cheetah”, while the red and blue lines symbolise calm and reliability.
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )