Pennar Group on Monday said it won orders worth Rs 311 crore in April across various business verticals. The company said in a statement,”The group’s flagship company Pennar Industries Ltd (PIL) received multiple orders aggregating Rs 173 crore across its business verticals.”
- The orders received were from Integrated Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala and Universal Engineering for railway products; Emerson, Endurance, Wabco, Ashok Leyland, Yamaha for industrial components besides from Sterling & Wilson, Hammon and Thermax, IFB, L G Balakrishnan and Wahi Sons for various products.
- The statement said, Pennar Engineered Building Systems (PEBS Pennar) received orders aggregating Rs 138 crore.
- The new orders received by PEBS Pennar were for warehouses and manufacturing facilities from customers such as Natco, MRF and Cyient, it added.
- K M Sunil, Vice President – Corporate Strategy, Pennar Industries, said, “We are happy to report a steady increase in order inflow from our long-standing existing customers as well as new customers. While the demand for Pennar’s value-added engineering products continue to remain robust, the demand for the Pre Engineered Buildings, in particular, has improved significantly, as reflected by repeat orders from our existing customers.”
- Pennar Industries has a strong presence across growth sectors in India through four business units Railways, Tubes, Industrial Components and Steel Products.
Southern Railway to upgrade 61 trains under project ‘Utkrisht’
Date : May 13, 2019
The Southern Railway will complete upgradation of 61 trains under the project ‘Utkrisht‘ soon. The Tambaram-Nagercoil tri-weekly express, which was upgraded under the scheme, was flagged off from Tambaram recently.
- An official said,”In the first phase, 10 trains were upgraded under the Utkrisht programme. In the second phase, 64 trains were allotted for upgradation for Southern Railway.”
- Out of that, 3 trains have been upgraded and the upgradation of the remaining 61 trains will be completed soon, the official said.
- The total outlay for upgrading 64 trains in Southern Railway was Rs 67.75 crore, he said.
- The Tambaram-Nagercoil Express has features include-
- Hydrophobic coated wash basin
- Epoxy flooring in the toilet
- Vinyl wrapping of doorway and gangway
- LED lights
- Bay mobile charging points
- Glowing berth number indication boards
- Odourless bio-toilets
- WiFi infotainment in air conditioned coaches
- Utkrisht project involves upgradation of 640 train rakes for improvement in passenger amenities and comfort in the next 2 years at an estimated cost of Rs 400 crore.
- It involves giving new paint to the coaches, changing damaged seats and berths, refurbishing the toilets, providing LED lighting and braille inside the compartments and gangways, and enabling coach maintenance services onboard.
- Last year in December, Kongu Express which runs between Coimbatore and Hazrat Nizamuddin was the first train to be flagged off under project Utkrisht of the Southern Railways.
- The coaches of the train were refurbished at a cost of Rs 60 lakh.
- Chennai-Sengottai bi-weekly Silambu Express also was refurbished under the project in February this year.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :