Chennai: The phase-2 project of Chennai Metro spanning 119 km will be operational by 2026. Tenders will be called for phase-2 of Chennai Metro Rail by June or July, according to officials. The construction work should begin by early next year.
- Since the election code of conduct will be in place soon and continue till the elections are over, the tendering process can take place only after that.
- Once the tendering process is over, it may be early January and a month or two later, the construction will begin.
- An official said, it will take around 6 years to finish the work and start operations.
- Meanwhile, the detailed design consultants have started work on some stretches.
- The phase-2 of Chennai Metro Rail is estimated to cost Rs 69,000 crore.
- Already, a loan agreement with the JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) is in place.
- Also, the CMRL has an in-principle approval from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the World Bank, and other institutions.
Rail Analysis insights: Once the tendering process is over, it may be early January and a month or two later, the construction will begin. It may be early January and a month or two later, the construction will begin.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
12 Mar, 2019: Chennai Metro : Platinum rating Green Metro stations