Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive on a whirlwind tour of Mumbai, Aurangabad and Nagpur on Saturday and inaugurate several infrastructure projects in Maharashtra.
- The Prime Minister will perform Bhoomipujan of the Mumbai Metro lines 10, 11, and 12.
- He is also expected to inaugurate Mock Metro Coach, Bandongri Metro Station and BKC-Chunabhatti Connector
- He will also perform Bhoomipujan of the Metro Bhavan and release the Brand Vision Document for MahaMumbai Metro, in the Bandra Kurla Complex.
- The Metro Bhavan, to be built at a cost of around Rs 13 crore, is spread over 1.14 lakh square metres inside the lush green Aarey Colony, Goregaon.
- He will lay the foundation stone for a Metro coach manufacturing factory in Nagpur.
- In Nagpur, the prime minister will also lay the foundation stone for a broad gauge metro on September 7.
- The broad gauge metro will connect Nagpur with satellite towns of Wardha, Narkhed, Ramtek and Bhandara.
- Both the projects are being undertaken by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha-Metro).
- In Aurangabad, He will lay the foundation stone for a section of the upcoming Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor, and inaugurate the AURIC Hall or the headquarters of the futuristic Aurangabad Industrial Township Ltd.
- It is described as India’s first Greenfield Smart Industrial City coming up on over 10,000 acres in Marathwada as part of DMIC, being developed jointly with Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC).