Pune: An official Kick-off meeting was held for Pune Metro coach supply on 31st October, 2019. The meeting to discuss the way forward of this momentous project was held in Pune on 31 October, 2019. The Kick-off meeting was attended by top management of Pune Metro, Titagarh India and Italy at the Pune Metro office premises.
- In August, Titagarh Wagons with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Titagarh Firema SpA (TFA) bagged the order for the supply of 102 Metro Coaches for the Pune Metro Rail project.
- The company will supply 102 ultra-modern state-of-the-art aluminium bodied coaches.
- 25% of the coaches will be manufactured at their plant In Italy and balance 75% will be produced and commissioned at Maha Metro Coach Manufacturing Plant at Nagpur.
- This will be for the first time that aluminium bodied coaches will be manufactured in India.
- As per the tender documents, first 3 Car Prototype Metro Trainset is required to be supplied in 78 weeks.
- The balance 33 train sets will be supplied in several phases over 160 weeks.
- Initially trains in Pune Metro will be of 3 coaches which tall be subsequently converted into 6 coaches as per traffic requirement.
- These coaches will be fully air conditioned with humidity control provided with digital route and station display and interiors of international standards.
- They will have 100% CCTV coverage. Will have emergency/panic button to ensure safety of the passengers.
- Passengers will be able to speak to Train Operator on board as well as to Emergency Control at OCC if required.
- Physically challenged passengers can travel seamlessly to/ from the station entry to the train with specially earmarked places for the wheel chairs.