Pune: 5-km long Saint Tukaram Nagar to Phugewadi route of Pune Metro to start functioning by April, Cabinet Minister in Maharashtra government Eknath Shinde said. The Minister has directed to complete the work by the end of March to open it for passengers by the end of April.
- To take a view of all Metro related works across Maharashtra a review meeting was conducted by minister Ekanath Shinde in Mantralaya on Tuesday.
- It was informed in the meeting that a complete 32.50 km stretch of Pune Metro will be functional by 2022, the statement said.
- Minister Shinde has asked officials to complete the work before time.
- Likewise, he has also directed to complete the work of other phases between Vanaz to Ramwadi a 5 km stretch by end of June and make it functional for people by July.
- He also said, the work on the 11 km long Lokmanya Nagar to Seetabaldi route of Nagpur Metro has been completed and soon it will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray
- He said in a statement, “Nagpur Metro’s Lokmanya Nagar to Seetabaldi, an 11 km stretch work is completed and it will be soon inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.”
- It added, also, the revised Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Thane Metro project will be finalised and approved by the state government by February.