The Railway Board on Monday gave clearance to establish Bengaluru suburban rail, said Union Minister of State for Railways Shri Suresh Angadi. Shri Angadi tweeted,”In order to fast track the Bengaluru Suburban Rail, the extended railway board met today and gave its clearance,”
- Thanking Shri Angadi, Bengaluru South MP Tejasvi Surya tweeted, “Karnataka is lucky to have him (Angadi) handling the railway ministry.”
- The MP expressed hope that Bengaluru suburban rail will be completed during Angadi’s tenure and help the city dwellers achieve ease of living.
- The 148 km Bengaluru suburban rail proposal with 4 corridors.
The 4 proposed corridors include-
- KSR Bengaluru city to Devanahalli
- Chikkabanavara to Yeshwantpur to Byappanahalli
- Heelalige to Yelahanka to Rajanukunte
- Kengeri to KSR Bengaluru to Whitefield