Share with your network
- He enquired about the status of developmental plans at the south side where the major portion of redevelopment has to take place and instructed them to expedite the process of executing the approved plans.
- It may be recalled that the station redevelopment works with a budget of Rs 400 crore were about to take off once the tendering process is completed after which the station will become a world-class station.
- Mr. Goyal spoke to the Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) officials and others concerned persons on developing the southern entrance and constructing a multi-storied complex on the main entrance side.
Gold Rating award
- The Tirupati railway station got ‘GreenCo Certification Gold Rating’ (national excellence) award.
- The gold rating certificate were presented to the Minister for Railways Piyush Goyal, South Central Railway (SCR) General Manager Gajanan Mallya and Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Vijay Prathap Singh by the representatives of IGBC and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on Friday.
- The station has bagged the award by securing 71 points in maintaining various passenger amenities, lifts, waiting halls, cleanliness, power and water consumption, green innovation and smart development.