Share with your network
Jaipur: Union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal on Tuesday held a review meeting with department officials and stressed the need to adopt ways to increase ‘non-fare income’.
- He asked the officials to adopt constructive methods and include innovation in works and encouraged to make every effort to increase the freight income.
- At the meeting held with officials of the North Western Railway, he also enquired about work plans, construction projects, freight corridors and passenger facilities besides giving directions to make these work better.
- The minister expressed satisfaction over the punctuality of trains in this division and said there was a need to work more carefully in this area so that the railways was successful in resolving issues faced by passengers.
- He urged for improvement in the quality of catering and to ensure the availability of POS machines for payment in all catering units.
- North Western Railway General Manager Anand Prakash and other officials were present in the meeting.