RITES said it received a major export contract of Rs 160 crore from the Sri Lanka. RITES said it signed a contract for supply of two additional fully air-conditioned Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) train sets with the Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation, Government of Sri Lanka, on 17 September 2019.
- The company has just completed supply of 6 sets of DMU coaches to Sri Lanka with state-of-the-art features and amenities, under a previous contract.
- The supply under the new contract will be done in FY 2020-21.
- RITES said in a statement,”An Export contract for the supply of two additional, fully Air-conditioned DMU train sets, has been signed by Mr. Rajeev Mehrotra, CMD/RITES with Mr. Jayampathi, Secretary, Ministry of Transport, Government of Sri Lanka.”
- An earlier contract of 6 sets of DMU obtained by RITES, has just been completed, it said.
- “These DMUs equipped with the latest amenities and features have been well received by the Rail users at Sri Lanka,” it said.
- It said, “considering the quality and performance of the DMUs, and demand for more such train services, Sri Lanka Railways have decided to procure these fully Air-conditioned DMU train sets from RITES Ltd.”