Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited bids for Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Detailed Master Planning, Urban Designing, Engineering & Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Re-development of Ernakulam Town (ERN) Railway Station under Thiruvananthapuram Division of Southern Railway.
- Bidding Document No.: RLDA/RFP/CT- 80 of 2020
- Estimated cost of work: INR 3300000/-
- Earnest Money Deposit: INR 66000/-
- Time for completion of work: 195 days
- Last date of downloading of e-bid Document for participation/submission: 14.09.2020 by 1400 hrs
- E-bid Due Date/ last date of submission of ebid: 14.09.2020 by 1500 hrs
- Opening of e-bids Technical: 14.09.2020 at 15:30 hrs
Terms Of Reference (TOR)
- Indian Railways (IR) has entrusted Ernakulam Town (ERN) Railway Station of Southern Railway to RLDA for its for redevelopment with state of art architecture, facilities and public amenities.
- The Authority seeks the services of Technical Consultants for preparing Technical Feasibility Report, Concept Plans and Master Plan for the development/redevelopment of Project including its surroundings on the entire Project Railway Station land which includes preparation of station development plan along with plan for commercial development of land plots and providing Architectural and Technical Services for implementation of Mandatory Works as per detailed scope of services enclosed.
- Mandatory Works shall include all works towards construction of Project Railway Station, allied facilities, various elements of infrastructure necessary for the Station and only trunk infrastructure for Commercial Development proposed within the Master Plan for the Project. The Trunk infrastructure for Commercial Development shall include main facilities for roads, Water supply, sewerage, Electricity supply, telecommunication, Solid Waste management, Storm water management, rain water harvesting, Boundary walls, Common parking lots, Parks and other similar facilities required to be constructed to enable commercial exploitation of individual parcels of land The redevelopment or relocation of existing facilities required as per approved master plan shall also be part of Mandatory Works.
- Commercial Development shall include all Real Estate asset classes planned on the railway land and above Project Railway Station, which is not part of the railway station facilities. It shall include all land use categories (like residential, commercial, institutional, warehousing, hotel, hospital etc.) envisioned for commercialization and generation of revenues.
Scope of Services:
The scope of services is divided into two parts:-
The first part of Scope of Services pertains to preparing Technical Feasibility Report, Concept Plans and Master Plan for the development/redevelopment of Project Railway Station including its surroundings on the entire Railway land for preparation of station development plan along with plan for commercial exploitation of land parcels (colony redevelopment plan also to be included if required) and bid management. The scope for this part shall be as follows:
- The Consultant shall undertake this consultancy in order to achieve the objective specified in Clause 2 above. The detailed scope of services specified below is based on Authority‟s understanding of the scope of service. However, it should be noted that the scope of work specified below is not exhaustive. The Consultant maybe required to carry out additional works, if any, to meet the objectives stated above.
- While preparing the Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan of the Project, the Consultant shall follow the standards and specifications laid down in the Manual. The basic objective underlying the Master Plan is to develop a schematic plan for efficient handling of passenger operations besides providing facilities for maintenance and operations. It shall also include optimal plans for real estate development and allied facilities such as parking, inter-modal transfer and in-coming/outgoing road traffic at the Station.
- The Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan to be prepared by the Consultant shall contain preliminary designs and sufficient details to judge the constructability and feasibility of various layouts as well as the estimated cost related to such development. The phasing of the Mandatory Works / Commercial Development shall be done on the basis of costs thus worked out and the revenue realization strategy prepared by Authority.
- During actual execution, alternate layouts may be proposed based on vision of real estate developer, but the Consultant has to ensure that master plan is not challengeable on architectural, technical or practical considerations. It will be the Consultant‟s responsibility to fully defend the solutions proposed by him should these be questioned by MOR, Authority or the Contractor/Developer at any stage of the planning of Mandatory Works and/or bidding process for award of contract for Mandatory Works and Commercial Development. Once the bid documents are released, the Consultant shall prepare replies to the written queries made by the bidders on the technical aspects of the bid documents. The Consultant shall take part in the pre-bid conference for award of tender/concession and furnish such technical clarifications as may be called for.
- The Consultant shall give a modular cost assessment of various infrastructure facilities proposed for station redevelopment.
- The second part of Scope of Services pertains to Financial Viability assessment of the project proposal. The Financial viability assessment/Valuation shall include assessment of the viability of alternatives.
- The Consultant shall also assist the other consultants like Transaction Advisor, Legal Adviser etc engaged by Authority by furnishing technical schedules and such clarifications as may be required for contractual, legal and financial issues for Ist phase of Mandatory Works and Commercial Development.
Bidders have to download the Bid documents from the e-procurement portal i.e. www.tenderwizard.com/RLDA after registering themselves on portal and after payment of Tender Processing Fee & Bid Document Fee before last date & time of downloading the e-bids online.
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit: Augustus Binu