New Delhi: The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor will reduce the travel time between Delhi and Meerut to just 55 minutes, according to NCRTC. The high-speed rapid rail line will connect the national capital to all its neighboring regional nodes.
- The RRTS trains will be available at a frequency of every 5-10 minutes.
- Recently, a meeting was convened on April 17, 2019 by the Commissioner of the Meerut Division to review the progress of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- The meeting was convened to overcome roadblocks for the smooth progress of the RRTS project.
- All the departments and agencies have been ordered to work together to make sure that the project is completed on schedule.
- Also, any delay in the project is said to have significant cost implications and it was deemed necessary that action should not be delayed for any reason and that all issues should be resolved quickly.
- All the issues pertaining to the Delhi-Meerut RRTS were discussed in detail along with the concerned departments.
- The Commissioner also directed the concerned departments to expedite the approvals and permissions required for the construction of the RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- The estimated 82 km long Delhi-Meerut Corridor would be passing through one of the most densely populated sections of the National Capital Region connecting Delhi to Uttar Pradesh.
- The corridor would be beneficial for the development of the region and help connect the large number of townships and centres of economic activity that are already planned along this corridor.
Upcoming Gurgaon Metro likely to be connected with RRTS
Date: April 23, 2019
Gurgaon: The upcoming Gurgaon Metro will be extended and connected with the Rapid Metro as well as Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) near Udyog Vihar, according to reports. At present, a feasibility study is being conducted for setting up stations on the connecting route, sources said.
- The proposed Metro corridor will start from Huda City Centre and end at Sector 23, connecting Subhash Chowk, Hero Honda Chowk, Dwarka Expressway (near sectors 101 and 104) and sectors 4, 5, 10A, 10, 9 and 9A.
- The RRTS starting in Delhi will pass through Udyog Vihar to reach Manesar and Pachgaon.
- There is a proposal to extend the metro line and connect it with a Rapid Metro station near DLF CyberHub.
- The nearest Rapid Metro station is likely to be either Cyber City or Moulsari Avenue, both of which are near Udyog Vihar.
- Since the distance between the two places is only around 5-km, there won’t be more than 3-4 stations.
- Already, a DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the metro project has been approved by the state government.
To know more about recent developments of RRTS: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :