The Delhi-Gurugram-SNB (Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behror Urban Complex) RRTS corridor will reduce the travel time from Delhi to Alwar via Gurugram and Rewari to less than 2 hours. The Haryana Cabinet, in its meeting held on 14th February 2019, has approved the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Delhi-Gurugram-SNB RRTS corridor.
- The NCRTC Board on 6th December 2018, approved the DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Delhi-Gurugram-SNB RRTS corridor.
- The 106 kms corridor will be elevated for around 71 km consisting of 11 stations, while the remaining 35 km, having 5 stations, will be underground mostly in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- The Delhi-Gurgaon-SNB is a part of Delhi-Gurgaon-Alwar of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor, which is planned to be implemented in 3 stages.
1. In the 1st stage, Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-SNB Urban Complex will be constructed.
2. In the 2nd stage, it will be extended from SNB Urban Complex to Sotanala.
3. In the 3rd stage SNB Urban Complex to Alwar will be constructed.
- Officials said,”The Delhi-Alwar will converge with other RRTS corridors in Sarai Kale Khan and will be interoperable, facilitating commuters’ movement from one corridor to another without the hassle of changing trains.”
- RRTS trains, with design speed of 180 kmph, operation speed of 160 kmph and average speed of 100 kmph will be available at a frequency of every 5-10 minutes, according to the plan.
- The infrastructure is being designed for up to 9 coaches trains which will be air-conditioned with transverse seating and overhead luggage space for commuter comfort.
- This RRTS smart line will pass through the urbanised and industrialised areas of Haryana and connect the Delhi airport with the RRTS network, increasing the overall productivity of NCR.
To know more about recent developments of RRTS: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
11 Mar, 2019: Foundation stone laid for Delhi-Meerut RRTS project
04 Mar, 2019: Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor approved by UP Government