SRBWIPL (SAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Private Limited), a 50:50 JV between SAIL & RITES, successfully manufactured 1000th BOX NHL wagon at its Kulti works. To commemorate the successful venture, a function was organised at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Railway Board officials Shri. Rajesh Agrawal, Member/ Rolling Stock, Shri. V.P.Pathak, Member/ Materials Management, Shri. Rajeev Mehrotra, Chairman & Managing Director/ RITES Limited, Shri. Mukesh Rathore, Director/ Technical/ RITES, Shri. V.G.Suresh Kumar, Director/ Project/ RITES, Shri. Alok Sahai, Chairman /SRBWIPL & ED/ SAIL and other officials from Railway Board, SAIL & RITES participated and appreciated the contribution made by SRBWIPL in supplying the wagons & achieving a turnover of Rs. 216.98 Crore and PBT of Rs.17.86 Crore in the year 2018-19.
In the year 2018-19, the company has manufactured 636 BOX NHL wagons as against the production of 303 BOX NHL wagons in 2017-18.
The company has rehabilitated 313 BOX N to BOX NR wagons in the year 2018-19 and supplied to Indian Railways.
SAIL RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Private Limited (SRBWIPL) is a Joint Venture Company (JVC) of Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL) and RITES Limited (RITES), each holding equal equity stake of 50%. SAIL is a Maharatna PSU and a Government Company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Steel. RITES, a Mini Ratna PSU is a 100% Government Company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways. Therefore, SRBWIPL is 100% owned by Govt. of India (Ministry of Steel and Ministry of Railways).
SRBWIPL would primarily manufacture wagons including high end specialized wagons for Indian Railways and other domestic and overseas customers. It is also geared up to undertake other business activities like wagon prototyping, rehabilitation of wagons, manufacture of fabricated items / components for railway vehicles etc.
Bengaluru : Byappanahalli Railway Station to Get Airport-like Facilities
Date : May 15, 2019
Bengaluru set to have a railway station with world-class amenities in 3 years. A butterfly-shaped railway station is all set to come up at Byappanahalli in Bengaluru and it will have airport-like facilities. The facility is expected to be built at a cost of Rs 250 crore.
- The IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation) in association with the BBMP(Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) unveiled the blueprint of the Byappanahalli station development project spread across 132 acres.
- Of the total, 30 acres will be handed over to private builders for lease of 99 years.
- The railway station is expected to be completed in 3 years.
- But commercial establishments including stalls, hospitals, workplaces and service apartments will be completed in 8-10 years.
- The last date to apply for commercial establishments in the station premises is May 30, as per the notification.
- As Bengaluru is called a Garden City, rooftop of the railway station will have garden and the entire station will have a green look and feel with real greenery around.
- The Byappanahalli railway station is expected to have separate arrival and departure terminals.
- The station will be inclusive of other facilities including digital signages, escalators, conveyor belts, executive lounges, Wi-Fi facility, battery-operated buggies, food courts, entertainment facilities and also ATMs.
- There will also be a waiting room like the one at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru, as passengers have been directed to be in the station at least 15 minutes before the arrival of the train.
- This will avert the crowding during the arrival of train and also mishaps while boarding the moving train.
- A 3rd coaching terminal is also being built in Byappanahalli to ease the rush at the city railway station and Yeshwantpur.
All Images credit: IRSDC
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :