Sam (India) Builtwell Pvt. Ltd. has bagged a contract Rs.150 crore for civil and architectural finishing works on the priority corridor of Kanpur Metro.
Based on Technical and Financial evaluation of offers submitted on 07.07.2020, as per terms and conditions of the tender KNPCC-04: Civil, Architectural Finishes, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage, External Development, Firefighting, Fire detection, E&M works and PEB structures for Nine Nos. Elevated metro stations (from IIT Kanpur to Motijheel Metro Station) on priority section of Kanpur Metro, tender has been awarded to lowest evaluated offer of M/s Sam (India) Builtwell Pvt. Ltd. on 22.09.2020 at a total INR 150,14,29,932/- with the approval of competent authority i.e. MD/ UPMRC Ltd.
As per tender document the Completion period of the work is 14 months.
Following two (02) bidders have qualified for opening of their Financial Package in accordance with the provision of Tender Document.
- M/s Sam (India) Builtwell Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Rama Civil India Construction Pvt Ltd
In February this year, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) had invited Open Tenders for the work, “Contract KNPCC-04: Civil, Architectural Finishes, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage, External Development, Fire fighting, Fire detection, E&M works and PEB structures for 9 nos. Elevated metro stations (from IIT Kanpur to Motijheel Metro Station) on priority section of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.”
In September 2019, Afcons Infrastructure Limited bagged the first civil contract for Kanpur Metro’s priority corridor for the Contract KNPCC02(R1): Construction of elevated viaduct and 9 Nos. elevated station (viz. IIT Kanpur Station, Kalyanpur Railway Station, SPM Hospital Station, Kanpur University Station, Gurudev Chauraha Station, Geeta Nagar Station, Rawatpur Railway Station, Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital Station & Motijheel Station) including special span on Priority Section of Corridor-1, Phase-I of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.”
- The work of the 9 km long priority corridor from IIT to Motijheel is progressing rapidly. So far, more than 1 km of metro track has been laid. As on 16.09.2020 the UP metro has erected 50 U-girder.
- On 31.08.2020 European Investment Bank (EIB) has signed a finance contract for the funding of Kanpur Metro Project for Euro 650 million (INR 5551.99 Crore) through a Virtual Signing Ceremony.
- The signing of the Finance Contract has paved way for the sanctioning of loan amount to UPMRC for the construction and execution of Kanpur Metro Project.
- EIB shall be taking appraisal for the Agra Metro Project also in near future
- After the inauguration of the civil construction work of the Kanpur Metro project by hon’ble CM of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath and in the gracious presence of Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs (I/C) on 15th Nov., 2019, UPMRC is executing the Kanpur Metro project with remarkable pace.
- Even during the post lock down period, strategic execution of the UPMRC’s engineers resulted in maintaining the workforce and keeping up the pace of the civil construction of the 9 km long Priority Corridor (IIT to Motijheel), while implementing all the guidelines issued by the governments.
Source: UPMRC-Tender update | Image Credit: UPMRC